Kharkiv National Medical University
A) The Kharkiv National Medical University(KNMU) Ukraine is one of the oldest higher educational establishments of Ukraine. It was founded in 1805 as the Medical Faculty of the Kharkiv University. Kharkov Medical Institute, Kharkov National Medical University and Kharkov State Medical University are old names of Kharkiv National Medical University/KNMU.
Kharkiv National Medical University (KNMU) was the first higher medical educational institution in Ukraine.
- It was founded as the Medical Faculty of Kharkiv.
- In 1920, the Medical Faculty was united with the Women's Medical Institute, and Kharkiv Medical Academy was organized.
- In 1921, the Academy was renamed as Kharkiv Medical Institute.
- In 1994, the Institute served as a base for establishing Kharkov state Medical University.
- In 2007 Kharkiv state Medical University was renamed as Kharkiv National Medical University
The Degree of Kharkiv National Medical University(KNMU) is prestigious and recognized in many countries of the world. Since 1998, Kharkiv National Medical University is a member of the International Association of Universities (UNESCO).
Since 1951 the University has been training specialists for foreign countries of the Eastern Europe, China, Mongolia, and since 1961 students from the countries of Asia, Africa, and Latin America have been studying here. Now, 1900 foreign citizens study at KNMU at the Medical and Dentistry Faculties, at the clinical postgraduate course. More than 3,600 specialists from 86 states of Europe, Asia, Africa, Latin America, and Middle East have graduated from KNMU since 1951.Among them 12 Doctors and 90 Candidates of Medical Sciences, about 200 postgraduates.
The languages of instruction for foreign students are Russian and English.KNMU has become an important centre for international students who need expert teaching in learning. The University is currently training about 7,000 students, among them 2150 foreign citizens, and its academic staff consists of more than 630 teachers, including 102 Doctors of Sciences and Professors, 387 Candidates of Medical Science, 32 members of academies, 17 Honored Scientists. Number of teaching/academic staff involved in teaching foreign students: total - 186, among them: doctors of sciences, professors (%) - 12.4; candidates of sciences, assistant professors (%) - 65.6.
|Total 1ST YEAR Fees
||Hostel Fees Per Year
||Overhead Expenses(One Time)
USD/ 22.88 Lac
* USD=INR 65(approx for calculation) Actual rate at the time of fees payment will be calculated.