Zaporizhzhya State Engineering Academy
Zaporozhye State Engineering Academy is one of the most popular universities in the Zaporozhye region. ZSEA was founded in 1959 by the Ministry of Higher Education of USSR as the evening faculty of Dnepropetrovsk Metallurgical Institute, one of the oldest universities in Ukraine, and then it became the branch of the same institute. As an independent university, Zaporozhye Industrial Institute was open in January 1976. In 1994 it was accredited as a Technical University and since then it has been known as Zaporozhye State Engineering Academy. Under the leadership of M. Potebnya from a provincial university it became one of the most prominent and fast developing universities not only in Ukraine but in the whole Soviet Union.
The university has well equipped laboratories and the computer class net. 350 professors work here, among them there are 13 academicians, 5 Academy correspondent members, 148 Doctors of Philosophy, 24 Doctors of sciences and Masters of Science. Among the graduates there are members of the Ukraine Government, Directors of many industrial enterprises of the Zaporozhye region.
During the last 20 years the academy trained more than 20 thousand specialists for the industrial enterprises of the Zaporozhye district. Specialists, who have got their education at the Academy, now work successfully in Ukraine and in 57 other countries of the world. About 10000 students study at the day and at the correspondence departments of the Academy.
There are 200 post-graduate students of technical schools. 30 teaching chairs (sub-faculties) of 7 departments lead educational process at the Academy. Languages of teaching are Russian and Ukrainian. The doctor of physical and mathematical sciences POZHUEV V.I heads the academy.
ukrainian medical institutions cooperate closely with Universities from Germany, France, Italy, Poland, United Kingdom, USA and Austria; this allows students participate in international conferences, exchange programs and various scientific projects.
The Academy trains specialists for 7 departments:
- Faculty of Metallurgy
- Mechanical Engineering Department
- Economics and Management
- Construction and Water Resources
- Computer and electronic technologies
- Department of Energy and Energy Conservation
- Faculty of Postgraduate Education
The Academy also includes metallurgical and hydrotechnical college, scientific library, Research department and Technical department.
- Department of Ferrous Metals
- Department of Labour Protection and Ecology of metallurgical production
- Department of Physical Education and Sport
- Department of Metallurgical Equipment
- Department of Metal Forming
- Department of Non-Ferrous Metals
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Economics Enterprises
- Department of Economic Cybernetics
- Department of Ukrainian Studies
- Department of Foreign Languages
- Department of Finance
- Department of Management Organizations
- Department of Accounting and Auditing
- Department of Economic Theory
- Department of Philosophy and Political Science
- Department of Industrial and civil construction
- Department of Urban Construction and Assets
- Department of Water Supply and Sanitation
- Department of Applied Mechanics and Construction
- Department of Software of automated systems
- Department of Automated process control
- Department of Higher and Applied Mathematics
- Department of Physical and Biomedical Electronics
- Department of Electronic systems
- Department of Physics
- Department of Thermal Engineering
- Department of Hydropower
- Department of Energy Management
The educational complex fully Academy occupies is one city block, which has three main structures, training campus (total area - 9769.7 m), teaching laboratory (8706.9 m), laboratory campus (9043.6 m).
The campus consists of two high-rise residences: № 1, the total area of 7009.6 square meters (320 places) and hostel number 2, an area of 7850.2 square meters, designed for 640 places that have the necessary infrastructure and are located near the educational complex. Sports and physical culture complex on the island of Khortytsya has 3 main buildings with a total area of 5857, 8 m and dining area of 464.8 sq.m. On the shore of the Sea of Azov there is recreation "Montazhnik", where the Academy has a proprietary of 45 places.
There are around 14000 students in the Academy. Students often participate in various activities: gathering, ceremonial meetings (e.g. ritual self-burning of full-size doll of the Rector, usually provided by recently graduated students in the beginning of the academic year to wish good luck to first year students ;-), business meetings and concerts, festivals. Students sport achievements - it is one of successful activities developed by the Academy. Students of the Academy became the Olympic champions, took silver medals. The Academy provides an opportunity to engage in basketball, athletics, volleyball, competitions in various sports.
Mbbs in Ukraine,Ukraine Education Consultants,Top Medical University in Ukraine,Study Abroad, Medical Study in Ukraine,Study at ukraine