Ukraine is a beautiful country located in Eastern Europe. The country shares its borders with Russia in the east, Belarus in the north, Poland in northwest, Slovakia, and Hungary to the west, and Romania to the south-west and south, along with Moldova in between. Ukraine is the second-largest country by area in Europe. There are a number of top-class Government Medical Universities in Ukraine that offer MBBS, MD and other degrees in medicine to the students from all over the world.
Ukraine is ranked at the fourth position in Europe for having the largest number of postgraduates in the medical field. All the medical universities in Ukraine are recognized by the world’s major organizations like WHO and UNESCO and the Medical Councils of many countries including India. The admission process in a medical university in Ukraine is very simple. No entrance examination is required to get admission in MBBS in Ukraine. The complete duration of an MBBS program in Ukraine is six years.
The management of all the medical universities of Ukraine is controlled by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine. The ministry has been keen in the development of the education system in the medical colleges in Ukraine.
Advantages of Studying in Ukraine
Some of the advantages of studying medicine in Ukraine are mentioned below:
1. The quality of education in Ukraine is very high and is very affordable as compared to other countries in Europe.
2. The students are not required to clear any entrance examination like TOEFL, IELTS etc is required to get admission in MBBS in Ukraine.
3. All the medical universities and colleges of Ukraine are recognized by WHO, UNESCO and other major medical organizations of the world.
4. The students who complete their education from Ukraine are eligible to work anywhere in the world.
5. The medium of instruction in the medical colleges of Ukraine in English.
6. The students are provided with all the facilities like heating system, TV, internet, laundry etc.
7. The college campuses in Ukraine have many fitness clubs, sports clubs, activity centers and swimming pools where students can work out and keep themselves fit.
8. Every medical college in Ukraine has a library with a big volume of required books and reading material for the students.
9. The students studying MBBS in the universities of Ukraine are encouraged to take part in various activities such as international exchange programs, conferences, and other scientific projects in various international universities.
10.The students in Ukraine are given student discounts for travel across the country.
11.Indian students who complete their MBBS from a Medical University of Ukraine can easily get a job in India as the MBBS degree obtained from a Ukraine University is recognized by Medical Council of India (MCI).
12. The infrastructure and technology used in the medical colleges in Ukraine are very sophisticated.